Monday, May 17, 2010

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

I actually finished this book 2 days ago, but I haven't been able to put my thoughts into words. This book is the sequel to Shiver,and it has lingered in my mind.

Shiver was told from two different points of view, Grace and Sam. Linger is told from four points of view: Grace, Sam, Isabel and Cole. All four of these character's stories are enticing.

Grace and Sam are uncertain of what the future holds for them. Sam realizes he finally has a future to plan for while Grace is trying to figure out what form her future will take. Isabel is trying to deal with her feelings for the new "guy" in town-Cole. Cole is struggling with his own inner demons.

Their struggles are captivating from the first word to the last word. This book was difficult to finish because I didn't want it to end. I highly recommend this series of books for 7th grade and up. Lovers of Twilight will love these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment