Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Impossible FortressThe Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is 1987 and Billy and his best friends Clark and Alf can only think about one thing-- getting their hands (and eyes) on the Vanna White edition of Playboy. Although Billy loves creating programs on his Commador 64, the magazine is more important. They hatch a scheme to trick Old Man Zelinsky into selling it to them, but it falls apart when his teen daughter Mary starts talking to Billy about an upcoming programming contest.
Billy's priorities shift to working with Mary, who is a programming genius to build a game to win the contest. Clark and Alf come up with plans to make money off the Vanna White magazine. Billy realizes he likes Mary and doesn't want to be part of their plans. Then she seems like she doesn't feel the same way and Billy takes part in a plan that has disasterous consequences. Billy feels horrible. Then, a secret that Mary has hidden comes out and Billy wants Mary to forgive him.

I really liked this book! I love any book that is based in the 80's because it feels like I am coming home, but I also loved how my feelings for all the characters changed throughout the story. The 80's feel is very reminisicent of Eleanor and Park. I really think I read enough young adult books to figure out twists, but the surprise twist in this book through me for a loop. I never saw it coming!

If you are looking for a nerdy 80's book, I think you will like this book as much as I did!


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. 32 LIVES is a transparent 32-bit to 64-bit Audio Units and VST plug-ins adapter which enables you to run your favorite 32-bit-only plug-ins, such as Vanguard
    https://plug-torrent.com/lives-crack/
    https://pluginstorrents.com/lives-crack/
    https://plug-torrents.com/32-lives-crack-mac-download/

    ReplyDelete